Monday, June 30, 2014

Don't explain and don't complain

Big Horn did not go as planned. Sigh. Big sigh.

Started out ok, then faltered, then got sick, then quit. At 33.5 miles!!!! What? Are you serious? OK, not whining. A friend of mine, from back in Ohio, had a motto: Don't explain and don't complain. You take what you got and you don't make excuses.

We had a good time meeting up with friends, looking at the wild flowers, and being back in Wyoming.



Now what? I'm all trained up for a 100 miler. I only ran 33.5 miles. My drop bags are still packed. Wait til next year? Give up? Find an alternate race?



I have been looking for another 100 for the month of July. Are you serious???? I keep going back to the Grand Mesa Ultras link: 60K, 50 miles or 100 miles. I have read some reports from previous years. Sounds like a) it gets hot, b) the trail is hard to follow, c) there is one crazy steep up and down, and d) there aren't many people running it. Oh yeah, mosquitoes! On the plus side, there are many places where crew can meet you and it is an interesting area.

Or, maybe I should concentrate on the races I am already signed up for.

Why do I do this?


No comments:

Post a Comment