Monday, April 14, 2014

Run ya little piss ant!!

Life just keeps trudging along. My  father is nearing the end of his life. He has worked hard. All his life. He has earned some down time. He sleeps most of the day now. What an inspiration he is. I love that man!!!

I suppose that both he and my mother instilled in us our sense of drive. Mom was more concerned with accomplishment; Dad was more concerned with work. What a combination.

Last week I was settling in for a short taper in preparation for Cedro Peak 45 mile run. On Wednesday,











it was apparent that I was coming down with a cold. I slept most of Thursday and blew my nose most of Friday. Got up at 0'dark 30 and drove to the start. A buddy said, "Starting a 45 mile race with a cold is like running the second half of a 100 miler. You just do it." So I did.


1 comment: