Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Quad is done; Next is Moab

The Mt. Taylor Quad is over. I did not do as well as I had hoped, but I did "good enough." Got my doubler scarf.

Next on my list is Moab's Behind the Rocks 50 miler towards the end of March. Looks like fun, right?


It is not a killer up and down course:

I'm hoping that this will be a good, early season test of endurance. I am also hoping we will have a blast in Moab. My college roommate (Dee) will be there. We're renting a little house outside of Moab for a few days. Dee is an artist. She will likely spend a lot of time painting. She is also bringing me a loom. As I retire, I want different ways to play and I think weaving may be a lot of fun!!

Retiring....on yes, in 76 days. Will miss that part of my identity but will not miss the faculty meetings, the feeling that I am always behind, and that I can never truly take time off.





No comments:

Post a Comment