Monday, May 13, 2013

Another good race experience. 25 miles at Collegiate Peaks. Maybe those calf compression thingies do work!

While standing around inside, waiting for the race start, I noticed an older man (60's? 70's?). Now, if Mary Ann had been with me, she would have raised a ruckus because he had on....um, how do I say this...uh, "old school" running shorts. Remember about 10 years ago the fashion was the short shorts? He kept his. He kept his in spite of the fact that the elastic in the liner had obviously given way to gravity. And that was not the only elasticity that was stretched beyond capacity. In other words, I wish I hadn't looked. I couldn't get that picture out of my head. I kept thinking, "If only I had seen him OUTSIDE, where the temperature was in the 20's." Then maybe the old cremaster muscle could have done its trick.


No comments:

Post a Comment